TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
DEFINITIONS IN THESE CONDITIONS
- Whetstone Brothers Contract Furnishers Ltd will be referred to as The Company.
- Goods mean Goods, Articles and Materials which are supplied by the Company to the Customer (as defined on the invoice or quotation supplied)
- The Customer for the purchase of the goods or whose order for the goods is accepted by the Company
- All written quotations are valid for 30 days and the Customers acceptance of a quotation must be in writing, within a sufficient time to enable the Company to perform the contract.
- All orders must be in writing and contain full and accurate particulars of the Customers requirements. No liability is accepted for any inaccuracies in a Customers written order, or claim following a verbal order that the Company has supplied goods of the wrong size, width, colour or description.
- The risk of the goods shall pass to the Customer on delivery but not full tittle until payment has been received in full.
- Damage to goods must be endorsed on the carrier’s delivery note and confirmed in writing to the Company within 3 working days. It will not be possible to accept claims if these two conditions have not been complied with.
- It will be deemed that the Customer accepts delivery as soon as the delivery is lifted off the vehicle. The Customer must make available all necessary facilities to remove the consignment enabling its safe removal without damage.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to establish the drawings submitted to the Company for quantity measurements for quotation purposes are checked and confirmed. The Company cannot be held responsible for any shortfall on quantity, or shortages that arise during installation.
- All goods will be invoiced as per quotation unless by prior written agreement, it has been confirmed otherwise. Any clerical errors in any sales literature, quotation prices, and acceptance of offer, invoice or other documents issued by the Company shall be subject to corrections without liability on the part of the Company. The Company reserves the right by giving notice to the Customer at any time before delivery and during installations of the goods to increase, the price of the goods to reflect any increase in the costs to the Company on supplying the goods in accordance with the terms of the contract which is due to any factor beyond the control of the Company (such as, without limitation) any foreign exchange fluctuation, currency regulation, alteration of duties, significant increase in the cost of labour, materials or other costs of manufacture, any change in delivery and installation dates, quantities or specifications for the goods which is requested by the Customer or any delay caused by any instructions of the Customer or failure of the Customer to give the Company adequate information or instructions.
- Once the order has been received, the material and furniture is ordered, purchased and manufactured for each project and cannot be cancelled without charge. It is up to the Company to decide if these pieces i.e. furniture or fabrics can be restocked or re-sold. If it can, there will be a minimum handling charge of 25% to full payment.
- All prices quoted are subject to and exclusive of VAT, and invoices are due for payment 28 days from date of invoice less any payment on account unless otherwise specified on the invoice. If payment terms are not adhered to winding up proceedings will be entered into after 28 days from date of invoice with no referral to the Customer. Outstanding balances that exceed the final due date, will be subject to interest at a rate of 2.5% per month from the due date on balances which remain unpaid.
- The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever for any consequential damage, negligence, abnormal storage conditions, failure to follow the Company instructions (whether verbal or in writing) or misuse of the goods.
- If it is found necessary when an account remains unpaid, to employ legal services to establish payment, all charges incurred will be borne the Customer.
- ALL GOODS remain the property of The Company until paid for in FULL.
- The above conditions of sale cannot be overruled by contrary conditions on any orders to contracts with the Company. No variation of these conditions shall be binding unless specific reference is made and agreed in writing by authorised representatives of the Company.
NB The above Terms and Conditions of Sale in no way affect the Statutory rights of the Consumer.